Terms & Conditions
FAIRGROUNDS FESTIVAL PTY LTD
You, the ticket purchaser, agree with Fairgrounds Festival Pty Ltd (“Fairgrounds Festival”, “we”, “us”) to the following terms and conditions relating to this event (“Event”)
Fairgrounds Festival reserves the right to alter the lineup, date, time and/or venue.
If the Event is rescheduled then your ticket to the advertised Event will remain valid. If you cannot attend a rescheduled Event and you contact us in a timely manner (within 5 days of reschedule announcement) and provide the original ticket(s) and proof of purchase Fairgrounds Festival will refund to you the ticket price exclusive of any booking fees from ticketing outlets, or delivery, or mail fees, or any processing surcharges and or other reasonable associated expenses.
If the Event is cancelled because of an act of war, terrorism, the forces of nature, an act of god or by any other event outside of the control of Fairgrounds Festival no refund shall be provided. If the event is cancelled for any other reason, any decision to refund a ticket shall be solely at Fairgrounds Festival absolute discretion. Any refund information for Fairgrounds Festival will be sent to Fairgrounds Festival Mailing List members‚ and posted on www.fairgrounds.com.au when applicable.
If for any reason you are unable to collect all or part of your ticket(s) purchased from Fairgrounds Festival, we are unable to refund your purchase. If you would like to enquire about any unusual circumstance that you believe may warrant a refund outside of the terms stated herein please contact us.
Fairgrounds Festival does not refund, exchange or substitute tickets after purchase nor does Fairgrounds Festival replace tickets that may have been stolen, lost or destroyed, except as otherwise provided for herein. Please treat your tickets like cash as we cannot replace lost tickets.
Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Fairgrounds Festival (including its employees, officers and agents) excludes all liability for any loss, damage, claim or demand (including for personal injury, death or property damage), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Event including where arising out of the following:
- (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under our control);
- (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- (c) any ticket that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of us;
- (d) any variation in Event value to that stated in any promotional material;
- (e) if the Event is cancelled for any reason beyond our reasonable control. You release and indemnify Fairgrounds Festival and its employees, officers and agents from and against any such loss, damage, claim or demand.
Search on Entry: it is a condition of entry to the Event Site that a search of you and/or your possessions be required at the time of entry to the Event Site. If you do not consent to such searches, you may be denied entry to the Event Site without refund. Prohibited Items are listed below
Underage patrons: All patrons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Any patron under the age of 18 attemping to enter the event without a parent or legal guardian will be refused entry.
No Animals: animals are not permitted at the Event Site. Service animals are permitted.
No Passouts: There are no pass outs except in the following circumstances:
- Fairgrounds Campers – Campers must be wearing a Fairgrounds issued CAMPER wristband. Campers must enter / exit via Gate C only. No other Festival patrons can enter / exit via Gate C.
- Parents physically accompanying a child 12 and under. Children must be wearing a 12 and under wristband.
- Valid medical, family or local reasons – in these circumstances, patrons must request to speak to our Gate Manager located at Main Entry. The Gate Manager is the only person that can grant pass outs in this instance.
Your Behaviour: you must ensure that you and your invitees act in an orderly manner when attending the Event Site. Promoter may refuse entry or evict you or any of your invitees if you or any of your party are behaving in a disorderly, offensive or inappropriate manner.
Alcohol: the Event is fully licensed. Only alcohol purchased from bars at the Event may be consumed at the Event Site. If you wish to purchase or consume alcohol, you must have valid proof of age photo ID.
Food and Drink: no food or drink will be permitted into the Event Site.
Drugs: if you are found supplying, consuming or in possession of illicit drugs you will be removed from the Event Site and may be referred to police.
Risk: entry to the Event Site is at your own risk. Appropriate footwear and clothing must be worn at all times at the Event Site. You must not mosh, crowd surf or stage dive. Ear plugs should be worn if necessary.
The following items are prohibited at the Event:
- Glass is not allowed.
- Anything which may reasonably be considered a weapon.
- Video cameras, audio recorders, tripods and professional DSLR cameras are not permitted. Small, non-professional cameras are encouraged.
- We take caring for the planet and the local lands very seriously. We have a number of green initiatives in place that help minimise any impact on the environment. To help us achieve this, we request the following: No single use plastic on site. For drinking bottles, bring a refillable water bottle or buy a souvenir one at Fairgrounds. Make sure that any plastic bags or wrappers you bring are compostable.
- Selfie sticks (just ask us and we’ll take a photo for you).
- Animals (other than registered guide and assistance dogs).
- Canopies or large shade structures (small 2-person shade tents are ok to bring).
- Furniture that can’t be folded down (leave the sofa at home, but do bring your low-back camp chairs).
- Eskys and ice boxes are not permitted on the festival site but can be brought into the campgrounds. Small packs for keeping baby food cold are fine, of course.
- There is a total fire ban. Leave those BBQs, cookers, gas bottles, fireworks, generators etc. at home
- BYO alcohol
- Illegal substances
- Sound systems
- Fairgrounds is a Responsible Service of Alcohol event and we search all bags on entry. Not just for alcohol but for anything that may be considered harmful to others. Any alcohol found will be confiscated. Anyone silly enough to supply a minor with alcohol will be handed over to our friends, the Police. Just like in real life.
- Any BYO food (exceptions for baby food, medical requirements and campers’ supplies).
- Any other items deemed by Event staff (in their discretion) to be dangerous or offensive or potentially dangerous by Event organisers
PHOTOGRAPHY & FILMING
Ticket holders consent to be included in any official photography, filming & sound recording by Fairgrounds Festival and/or any of its authorised representatives and contractors, and grant Fairgrounds Festival the right to use such recordings for promotion and other purposes without further authorisation by, or compensation to, you.