An adventure for the senses awaits you at Fairgrounds, but before you pack and plan your road trip playlist, the Groundskeepers have put together a few points that they recommended reading over before you arrive at Fairgrounds.
- WHERE DOES FAIRGROUNDS TAKE PLACE?
- WHEN IS FAIRGROUNDS ON?
- WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO FAIRGROUNDS?
- WHAT'S NOT PERMITTED IN FAIRGROUNDS?
- WILL THERE BE PASSOUTS?
- WILL I NEED A CAMPING TICKET AS WELL AS A FESTIVAL TICKET?
- HOW DO I GET TO FAIRGROUNDS?
- WHERE CAN I PARK?
- LOCAL ACCOMMODATION
- LOST CHILD PROCEDURE
- PARENT'S ROOM AND CHILD MINDING
- CAN I GET MONEY OUT ON SITE?
- FESTIVAL GENERAL INFORMATION
WHERE DOES FAIRGROUNDS TAKE PLACE?
Fairgrounds takes place in the picturesque Berry Showgrounds on the NSW South Coast. Our historic site is conveniently situated right next to Berry train station.
WHEN IS FAIRGROUNDS ON?
Fairgrounds 2017 is open from:
- Friday 8 December: 4:00pm to 11:00pm
- Saturday 9 December: 11:00am to 11:00pm
We encourage you to head to Berry on Friday afternoon to make the most of your Fairgrounds weekend. It’s the beginning of Summer – a great time to be enjoying festival vibes and all that the beautiful South Coast has to offer.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO FAIRGROUNDS?
- Good manners and a sense of fun!
- Your ticket – most important!
- Photo ID – carry this with you at all times if you wish to access bars
- Cash – minimise your queue time. There are cash points at Fairgrounds’ bars
- A picnic rug
- Camping/outside chairs that can be folded down
- Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, swimmers (for the pool!)
- Good sensible shoes – something mum would approve of!
- Empty refillable water bottle (not glass). Good for your wallet, great for the planet
- Insect repellent.
NOT PERMITTED IN ANY FAIRGROUNDS AREA, INCLUDING CAMPS
- Glass is not allowed – safety reasons
- Anything which may reasonably be considered a weapon
- Professional photo or video equipment. Small cameras and digital SLRs for personal use are fine.
- Selfie sticks (just ask us and we’ll take a photo for you)
- Animals (other than registered guide dogs)
- Canopies or large shade structures (small 2-person shade tents are ok to bring)
- Furniture that can’t be folded down (leave the sofa at home but bring those little camp chairs)
- Eskys, ice boxes. Small packs for keeping baby food cold are fine, of course
- There is a total fire ban. Leave those BBQs, cookers, gas bottles, fireworks, generators etc. at home
- BYO alcohol
- Fairgrounds is a Responsible Service of Alcohol event and we search all bags on entry. Not just for alcohol but for anything that may be considered harmful to others. Any alcohol found will be confiscated. Anyone silly enough to supply a minor with alcohol will be handed over to our friends from the Police. Just like in real life.
- Any BYO food (exceptions for baby food, medical requirements and campers’ needs).
WILL THERE BE PASSOUTS?
There are no passouts except in the following circumstances:
1. Fairgrounds campers – Campers must be wearing a Fairgrounds issued CAMPER or POP UP HOTEL wristband. Campers must enter / exit via Gate C only. No other Festival patrons can enter / exit via Gate C.
2. Parents physically accompanying a child under 12 – Children must be wearing an under 12 wristband
3. Valid medical, family or local reasons – in these circumstances, patrons must request to speak to our Gate Manager located at Main Entry. The Gate Manager is the only person that can grant passouts in this instance.
WILL I NEED A CAMPING TICKET AS WELL AS ONE FOR FAIRGROUNDS?
HOW DO I GET TO FAIRGROUNDS?
You can find all TRAVEL information HERE
On both Friday and Saturday, parking will be available in central Berry at our Fairgrounds parking sites, a short stroll or shuttle ride to the Festival.
FAIRGROUNDS POP UP HOTEL PARKING
For Hotel guests there is an exclusive car park adjacent to the Festival.
If you’re camping at Rivercamp there is a dedicated car park for you adjacent to the Rivercamp campsite. Please note once you park your car at Rivercamp, you will not be able to move your vehicle until you leave the festival. Safety first.
PARKING OPERATION HOURS + INFO (All sites)
Friday 8 December: 3:00pm – 12:00am
Saturday 9 December: 9:00am – 12:00am
All car parks must be vacated by midday on Sunday, to allow us to return the fields to the lovely local farmers who have permitted us to use their land.
To care for the farmland, all car parks operate under a one in, one out system. For those who need to leave and return to the car parks for a legitimate reason, please contact our friendly attendants.
Fairgrounds car parks are exclusively for the use of festival-goers with valid event tickets.
For camping, holiday rental, family accommodation and more please head to the YOUR WEEKEND section of our website.
Is Fairgrounds an all ages festival?
Yes, under 18s should be accompanied by a parent or a responsible adult at all times.
Are the Fairgrounds campsites all ages?
Yes, under 18s should be accompanied by a parent or a responsible adult at all times.
Will under 18s be allowed into bars and licensed areas?
No, under 18s are not allowed into bars or licensed areas, even those accompanied by a parent or a responsible adult.
Is a responsible adult anyone over the age of 18?
An adult is technically anyone over 18, though we strongly advise that an 18-year-old should not be solely responsible for minors within Fairgrounds. Those considering being the nominated adult for those under the age of 18 should consider the responsibility very carefully. They will not be able to enter licensed areas with minors and anyone caught supplying alcohol to minors will face police action and be evicted from Fairgrounds.
What do I do if my child gets lost?
We know that kids might wander off in all the excitement so we have a careful plan in place for you to find each other again as quickly as possible.
LOST CHILD PROCEDURE
When an adult becomes aware that they have lost a child in their care, they should quickly go to the Little Fairgrounds area, to the right of the Main Entrance. Our friendly Fairgrounds staff will take all lost children to the Child Minding centre in Little Fairgrounds and they will be reassured and cared for by our trained staff until you come and collect them. To avoid further upset, and for the safety of all, you must come immediately to collect your child.
PARENT’S ROOM AND CHILD MINDING
Whether you need to change a nappy or warm up a milk bottle, Fairgrounds offers facilities for parents to cater to all their baby’s needs.
We also offer child minding services on both Friday and Saturday. Parents can enjoy peace of mind knowing that their little ones will be looked after by experienced carers in a fun and safe environment. To find out more and book a child minding time slot, CLICK HERE.
CAN I GET MONEY OUT ON SITE?
The bars at Fairgrounds will have EFTPOS facilities that can be used to withdraw cash.
FESTIVAL GENERAL INFORMATION
What forms of I.D. are accepted to gain entrance into Fairgrounds?
- Current Driver Licence
- Current Passport
- Proof of Age Card
Does my ticket cover both days?
Yes, your ticket is for both days. There are no single day tickets.
Do I need to print my ticket?
No, tickets can be scanned via your mobile device.
Do I have to wear a wristband?
Yes, you will need to wear your wristband within Fairgrounds at all times. Upon entry to Fairgrounds, your ticket will be exchanged for a wristband. Your wristband is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-replaceable. Your wristband is your pass in for both days – do not remove it!
I have a ticketing issue / I haven’t received my ticket / I’m having trouble paying for my ticket / can I change the name on my ticket?
Please contact the friendly team at Moshtix Customer Service who can help with any ticketing questions.
Can I bring my camera?
Yes, standard non-professional cameras are encouraged to bring to Fairgrounds. Video cameras, audio recorders, tripods and professional DSLR cameras are not.
If you require assistance, we encourage you to get in touch to let us know you are coming along prior to Fairgrounds. We will then provide any information required to ensure that you have a smooth festival experience. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Accessibility.
The custodians of Berry Showgrounds take pride in the effort it takes to maintain the beautiful Showgrounds and we all plan to keep it super nice. Please help us reduce the event’s impact on the site and the environment by giving the Showgrounds the appreciation it deserves and taking part in our recycling initiatives. Fairgrounds carries out full waste sorting onsite including composting with the view to achieve zero landfill by 2018.
When will the full program be released?
The full schedule and program will be released closer to the Festival date.
If you have been unable to find what you need in the Frequently Asked Questions section, or require further info please send an email to email@example.com